So here we are in 2012! If you're thinking at all like me, December sure went by in a blur didn't it? And since I can't seem to keep up with much of anything these days, this blog has become one of recapping the past...usually including way too many pictures, and trying to include everything we've done since the last post. So here you go...our holidays all wrapped up:
The kids loved their holiday hats this year! Harrison slept in his elf hat every night. We also spent a family night making a gingerbread house. An absolute highlight!
We spent Christmas Eve with Craig's family, eating lots of yummy food and enjoying each other's company. We love Christmas Eve dinner because Craig's parents do such a wonderful job to make it a special night for everyone!
As is tradition on Christmas Eve, all the cousins act out the story of the Nativity from the Bible. Addi was so excited because she got to play Mary this year. Harrison was the lone shepherd...he was a good one! Sadie would've been the Baby Jesus if she hadn't been so cranky, and if Mary would have been able to hold and lift a squirming 14 pound "newborn."
After the lovely Christmas Eve dinner, we headed home to open Christmas jammies and put out stockings. Everyone was in bed by 9:00!As was excitedly expected, Santa came! Presents were opened and a yummy breakfast was consumed! And just like every year, I kicked myself for completely going overboard! Every year I tell my self I'm going to cut back, and then, well it just doesn't happen. My kids are pretty darn spoiled!
It was really nice to get all dressed up and attend our Sacrament Meeting on Christmas Day. It was a good time for our family to refocus on what Christmas is really all about.
Then, all of a sudden it was New Year's Eve. We rang in 2012 with family and fireworks! Even Sadie was awake at midnight. I totally thought she would stay asleep, but I guess she just wanted to see her very first new year roll in.
Phew! What a season! It was wonderful! We truly are blessed and are so thankful for all our Heavenly Father has given us this past year. We have a comfortable home, our family has grown, and everyone is healthy! We can't wait to see what 2012 brings. Many good things I am sure!



















2 comments:
Darling pictures! Sadie in those "2012" glasses cracks me up! I can't believe she stayed awake! I hope this year brings great things for you guys too :)
Don't you think Christmas and holdiays in general are more fun with the more kids you have? It's crazy like nothing else, but it just feel whole. I love it.
Post a Comment