I love that the bus stop is at our driveway. I love the fact that on the first day most of the kids are out there at least 20 minutes early, anxiously waiting for their bus. I love seeing all their new school clothes and shoes. Isn't the first day the best? Filled with anticipation and excitement, wondering if your teacher is going to be nice, and if any of your friends are in your class.
Tonight we had our "Back to School" celebration dinner. I know a lot of people do this the night before school starts. But in my experience, that night seems to be extra crazy, trying to get showers/baths, and everything prepared for the next day. All while trying to get to bed early.
So tonight we were able to relax and eat a nice meal, while Harrison told us every detail of his first day, along with all the things he's excited for in the upcoming school year. Addi will start preschool (with me) in two weeks, so she was able to celebrate as well.
I chose a theme for us all to focus on this year:
I found this quote on Pinterest and instantly fell in love with it. What more can be said? My kids are already pretty awesome, but it's a great reminder for us all.
So here's to being awesome!







2 comments:
I love that "Don't forget to be AWESOME" print! So cute! Fits your kids perfectly :) I miss Harrison's long mo hawk though! Oh well, he's still as handsome as ever!
That is a great thought. And lovely dinner - jealous of the strawberries :)
Post a Comment