Sunday, October 5, 2014

A Fairy Garden Party


For Addi's 7th birthday party she requested doing some kind of craft. I saw some adorable ideas on (where else?) Pinterest about how to make Fairy Gardens. So I ran with the idea and decided to throw Addi a Woodland Fairy Garden Party. She invited 8 little friends and when they arrived, the crafting and creativity began.

Each girl painted her "Fairy" house, which is obviously just a wooden bird house. I splurged a bit on the houses because of the size I wanted. I figured since this was the only thing we were doing at the party, and they would be taking their fairy gardens home as the party "favor" the cost was worth it. But you can easily find smaller bird houses for $1 at many places.

While the paint was drying on their houses, the girls made mini fruit pizzas and enjoyed some raspberry lemonade at the request of the birthday girl. I'll be completely honest and tell you that I didn't make the sugar cookies. Thank goodness for local bakeries right? That probably also cost more than it would have to make them myself, but my time and sanity were way more valuable this week!

After indulging in some delicious fruit pizzas, the girls returned to their fairy house creations. They cut ribbon, glued flowers, leaves and butterflies. They arranged rocks, and sea shells, and jewel stones inside their bowl of sand, which housed their fairy houses. I absolutely LOVED watching how creative, thoughtful and enthralled the girls were with this whole process. I was so delighted with how each girl's house was so unique and different.





The Dollar Store, Walmart and Target's Dollar Spot were my best friends for all the supplies! I found a few of the more special items like the bird nests and butterflies on Amazon. I still cannot believe how amazing they all turned out! I totally want to make one for me now!

The Dollar Store had fairy wings in abundance because of Halloween approaching, so I couldn't resist getting each girl some wings. They also received a little burlap pouch which contained a flower headband (from Target's Dollar Spot) and a Lip Smacker's.

I told the girls to give me their best fairy pose, and this is what I got :) They had a blast, and when I asked Addi if she liked her party she said it was the best party she's ever had. Mission accomplished.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olivia loved the party SO much! Thank you!

Rachael said...

Heather - when your preschool/teaching days are through and you're ready to take a break, you need to seriously consider a career in this field. It can be part time - but you have the knack for this. I'd hire you!

Cassanova said...

wow nicee
https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-mengobati-cantengan/