Friday, July 6, 2012

Our 4th

As is tradition (or at least has been for the last 10 years), we celebrated The 4th of July at our state's local amusement park, Lagoon. Craig's family started going to Lagoon on the 4th soon after we got married. We have gone every year since, except for maybe one. I have been pregnant with three different babies at Lagoon on the 4th of July. And those babies were born in July, August, and September, so I was REALLY pregnant and at Lagoon those years! Needless to say, it is usually pretty hot, but it never takes away the fun and memories!
Since I'm not pregnant now, I was actually able to ride the rides, making the day much more exciting. It's also really fun because Harrison is tall enough to ride everything, so I got to experience the excitement with him.
Sadie was just a little excited as she rode her own horse on the old-fashioned carousel. I wish I would have been able to capture it on video because she was actually bouncing up and down, just like if she were galloping on a real horse. It was super cute!
After much coaxing and talking it up on our part, Harrison put on his brave face and rode the two biggest roller coasters in the park. He did awesome and feels pretty dang cool now. He prefers Wicked to The Colossus, but only because he gets a little motion sick, and The Colossus made him feel a little icky. He's getting too stinkin' big!
Addi's favorites are of course all the kiddie rides in Kiddie Land. She had a riding buddy this year, and she took on the big sister role quite well. She was so happy to ride those rides with Sadie!
Addi did ride a few bigger rides though, and she felt pretty cool to be able to do those! Her favorite was Rattle Snake Rapids, a white water raft ride where you come off pretty much soaked to the bone. It was a nice way for them to cool off from the scorching heat of the day!

I enjoyed the time we all were able to spend together. The kids loved spending time with their cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles. I am thankful for this land of ours, and our freedoms. We are so fortunate and have so many blessings. I know I take it all for granted, but I do remember and appreciate those who have made it all possible. I am so proud to be an American!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

We have passes there this year and I must say the boat ride is the WORST because they have to load the kids one at a time - and it takes SO long :) Makes me laugh every time. So glad you guys got to go - sorry it was so hot. But I can definitely appreciate the non-pregnancy thing.

Noell said...

First off, I love your darling new background! And second, I loved this post! Looks like you guys had a blast and so did the kids! Sadie's little face in those pictures is priceless! I wish I could've seen how excited she was :) So freaking cute! Glad you guys had a good time... I missed you though. It was weird not being with our family on the 4th!