Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bunkbed Buddies

I had no idea getting bunkbeds for the kids would be the most exciting thing that has happened to them since Disneyland or Christmas.

We've been meaning to purchase bunkbeds for awhile. I mean, Addi has still been in her crib up until this point. But when you have two kids and two separate rooms, why make them share?

Apparently sharing a room is THE coolest, most awesome thing in the world (I don't think they'll feel this way forever though).

It is pretty dang sweet however, when kids are tucked in, lights are out, and door is shut. That is when I get to stand outside the closed door and listen to them talk and laugh with each other, if only for a few minutes before they both fall sound asleep.


We'll let them share a room and be bunkbed buddies for now, while they still love to be with each other! Besides, we're really going to need that crib in about five months.

7 comments:

Rochelle said...

Way to slip it in at the end there! :) YEAH!!!!! So happy for you! I hope you're feeling well!

Katrina said...

IS this old news???? Or am I SLOW???? Congratulations!!!!!!!! Oh SOOOO FUN!!!! I am so happy for you guys!

The Risdons said...

congrats! I'm so happy for you guys:-)

Parkside View said...

I think having kids share a room is the best. Maybe it's because I shared rooms with my siblings while growing up and I think it helped us establish a great relationship with each other (I even shared with my brothers, too). And while the excitement over the new sleeping arrangement may wear off after a few months, there is still a major benifit to having children share a room.

The nice thing about todays bunkbeds is that they are not made with that wire mesh stuff that catches your hair if you sit up too straight on the bottom bunk. Ouch!

{Erica} said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! So excited for you guys! Hope you are feeling well. Love you!

Tiffany said...

Hooray!! So happy for you!!

Rachael said...

Heather - we are so excited for you guys! And I'm exceptionally jealous that you have 2 children that fall asleep in the same room at the SAME time without any out-of-control play and laughter. Never had happened here :)