Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Every October, we find ourselves down at the local pumpkin patch. There's just something about cutting your very own pumpkins off the vine. A much better memory than digging through the gigantic bins at the grocery store. Sure, you end up spending more for pumpkins, but it's definitely the experience that makes it worth it!

Harrison found his "perfect" pumpkin in about five minutes, and couldn't wait for us to cut it off. Not because he was that excited about it. He just wanted to go play on the bales of hay/hay maze.

My perfect pumpkin this year was a warty one. We named him "Warty." Clever huh?

This year, Addi was able to run around (she wasn't quite walking yet last year), but her running came with many falls in the lovely sticker weeds that were everywhere.

Addi's perfect pumpkin was one that she could carry around all by herself!

We had a wonderful evening at the pumpkin patch with grandparents, aunts and uncles, and many loved cousins! A great tradition I hope to keep for many years to come!

2 comments:

Parkside View said...

Your pictures turned out amazing! I also love the one with the gourds and pumpkins. (I should have thought to take one like that, but I don't think it would have turned out quite as nice as yours did.)

Cordell and McCall said...

your pics are always so cute and really capture the moment! I love the pumpkin patch tradition! We still haven't gone! AHHH so much to do!